Is it difficult to eat vegetables? Here is a savory soup to help overcome those difficulties.
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 large leeks, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced and rinsed
• 4 cups chopped cauliflower florets (from 1 medium head)
• 2 1/2 cups low-fat milk, divided
• 2 cups water
• 1 bay leaf
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon white or black pepper
• 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 1 1/2 cups shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leeks and cook, stirring, until very soft. Duration: About 5 minutes.
2. Add cauliflower, 2 cups milk, water, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over
medium-high heat, stirring often.
3. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower is soft. Duration: About 8 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, whisk the remaining 1/2 cup milk and flour in a small bowl.
5. When the cauliflower is soft, remove the bay leaf and stir in the milk mixture.
6. Cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes more, stirring until the soup has thickened slightly.
7. Remove from the heat.
8. Stir in cheese and lemon juice.
Enjoy your soup 🙂
Compliments of Tina Ramaiya